Home: Research Training Opportunities
|NIHR Clinical Lectureships 2013 ||31/03/2014|
The NIHR Clinical Lectureships (CLs) are specialty-training posts that incorporate academic training. CLs are open to doctors and dentists who already hold a PhD and or equivalent and show outstanding potential for continuing a career in academic medicine. The duration of a CL is for a maximum of 4 years or until CCT is reached, whichever is sooner. Alongside clinical training, CLs are able to develop their academic skills and are encouraged to apply for funding to support further postdoctoral or educational training.
Recruitment is undertaken locally by University/Postgraduate Deanery partnerships. The 2013 recruitment round is now open and will end on 31 March 2014.
|NIHR Clinical Lectureships|
|NIHR/HEE Clinical Doctoral Research Fellowship, NIHR/HEE Clinical Lectureship and NIHR/HEE Senior Clinical Lectureship||30/04/2014|
NIHR TCC have now opened Round 5 for applications
• NIHR/HEE Clinical Doctoral Research Fellowship
• NIHR/HEE Clinical Lectureship and
• NIHR/HEE Senior Clinical Lectureship
The competition will close on Wednesday 30th April 2014 for Nurses, Midwives and Allied Health Professionals.
Applications are also welcomed from pharmacists for the NIHR / HEE Clinical Doctoral Research Fellowships.
|More details on these schemes|
|NIHR In-Practice Fellowships Competition (Round 8) is now open||01/05/2014|
The NIHR In-Practice Fellowship (IPF) offers academic training to fully-qualified General Practitioners, General Dental Practitioners and Community Dentists who may have already spent some time in NHS practice and who have had little formal academic training at this point in their careers. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have outstanding potential for development as a clinical academic in research or research linked to medical education. Training will be flexible and trainee-centered with structured supervision to ensure the attainment of academic goals. Continued professional development will be expected of successful applicants.
|Read more and apply|
|NIHR/HEE Healthcare Science Research Fellowship - Round 5||28/05/2014|
Healthcare Scientists are invited to apply to Round 5 of the Healthcare Science Research Fellowship Programme.
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) and Health Education England (HEE) currently work in partnership to provide dedicated research training awards for Healthcare Scientists through the NIHR / HEE Healthcare Science Research Fellowship (HCS) Programme. The programme has been designed to support the development of healthcare science research capacity and capability, and comprises three schemes that serve as ‘career steps’ for Healthcare Scientists with aspirations for academic leadership:
• The HCS Doctoral Research Fellowship Scheme
• The HCS Post Doctoral Fellowship Scheme
• The HCS Senior Clinical Lectureship Scheme
These three schemes should be of interest to members of the English NHS Healthcare Science workforce who already have some research experience and wish to develop research capability and activity alongside their clinical / service careers.
|NIHR Clinical Lecturer 2014 (Medical) - recruitment is now open||31/01/2015|
The 2014 NIHR Clinical Lectureship recruitment round is now open and will end on 31st March 2015.
• Prospective applicants should note that they must contact the relevant LETB/Deanery in the first instance for further information on post availability and the recruitment process. This includes dates for when the posts will be advertised and the associated closing dates. Take up of posts will start from 1st April 2014.
• Please note that successful applicants must be in post before 31st March 2015, therefore LETBs/Deaneries need to allow enough time to advertise, shortlist, interview and where required, allow for notice periods to be given.