NIHR Central Commissioning Facility
Dr David King is Director of the CCF.
The CCF manages the following research funding programmes:
- Invention for Innovation (i4i)
- Programme Grants for Applied Research (PGfAR)
- Programme Development Grants (PDG)
- Research for Patient Benefit (RfPB)
A list of current and upcoming calls and competitions from the CCF-managed programmes is available here.
Faculty and infrastructure
The CCF supports the NIHR in providing information on recruitment to clinical trials, including commercial trials.
- Biomedical Research Centres (BRCs)
- Biomedical Research Units (BRUs)
- Clinical Research Facilities (CRFs) for Experimental Medicine
- Collaborations for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care (CLAHRCs)
- Diagnostic Evidence Co-operative (DECs)
- Healthcare Technology Co-operative (HTCs)
- Patient Safety Translational Research Centre (PSTRCs)
The NIHR Office for Clinical Research Infrastructure (NOCRI) is hosted by CCF and based in London. NOCRI works closely with the NIHR infrastructure managed by CCF.
Patient and Public Involvement
Policy Research Programme
The CCF manages the Department of Health's Policy Research Programme (PRP). PRP-funded researchers are members of the NIHR Faculty and are eligible to apply for Senior Investigator status.
Health Innovation Challenge Fund
The CCF manages the Health Innovation Challenge Fund (HICF) - a joint funding scheme between the Department of Health and the Wellcome Trust. HICF-funded researchers are eligible to apply for Senior Investigator status.
National Institute for Health Research
Central Commissioning Facility
15 Church Street
T: 020 8843 8000