i4i Product Development Awards
Product Development awards support research and development of medical devices, active implantable devices and in vitro diagnostic devices in any area of existing or emerging clinical need. These awards comprise both early and late stages of research and development, including the clinical development of laboratory-validated technologies or interventions.
Projects must have progressed beyond basic research and have demonstrated proof-of-concept. The expected output is an advanced or clinically validated prototype medical device, technology or intervention. Lead applicants may be from academia, industry or an NHS organisation.
Essential requirements for Product Development awards
- Any R&D activities must be within the scope of our funding programmes (see What we fund).
- A minimum of two organisations must be involved.
- Lead applicants must be based in England or Wales.
- Work packages must not include animal studies.
- Projects must have progressed beyond basic research and have demonstrated proof-of-concept.
Further information can be found in our guidance document.