NIHR/HEE Healthcare Science Research Fellowship Programme
The Healthcare Science Research Fellowship Schemes support the development of research infrastructure, capacity and capability in healthcare science.
The Fellowships are intended to support individuals in the NHS healthcare science workforce who wish to bridge clinical/service careers and research.
Applications are invited from individuals working in the areas of biology, physiology, physics and engineering including the nine healthcare science cognate themes of:
- Cardiac, critical care, vascular, respiratory and sleep sciences
- Neurosensory sciences [audiology, neurophysiology and ophthalmic and vision sciences]
- Infection sciences
- Blood sciences
- Cellular sciences
- Genetic sciences
- Clinical Bioinformatics including Genomics
- Medical physics including clinical pharmaceutical science
- Clinical engineering including reconstructive science
Three levels of Fellowship are available.
- NIHR/HEE Healthcare Science Doctoral Research Fellowship (HCS-DRF)
- NIHR/HEE Healthcare Science Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship (HCS-PDF)
- NIHR/HEE Healthcare Science Senior Clinical Lectureship (HCS-SCL)
For information on awards open to all health researchers see the NIHR Fellowship Programme page.
Information for Applicants
Information about previous competition rounds
- Public minutes from Round 4 competition
- current award holders (includes all personal awards - can be filtered by scheme)
- completed award holders (includes all personal awards - can be filtered by scheme)
Enquiries and mailing list
Please contact us at HCS@nihrtcc.org.uk or 0113 346 6260 for enquiries or to be added to our mailing list for this programme.