Receiving NIHR funding | what to expect
What to expect if funded by NIHR
- You will be allocated a named contact who will liaise with the research team throughout the life of the project, ensuring that the project is on track to deliver as contracted.
- You will be expected to deliver the project as described in the contract and will be required to submit regular reports on progress. You will also need to request authorisation for any changes to protocol.
- You will be expected to provide robust plans for patient benefit realisation which will be evidenced.
- You must provide a comprehensive account of the research upon completion of the project. This must include the data, methods, results and final conclusions, together with management information and any other information relating to the research up to the completion date.
- You will be expected to publish your research in the NIHR’s open access, peer-reviewed journals. The NIHR Journals Library publishes all results from HTA, EME, HS&DR and PHR projects, as well as some PGfAR projects, whether positive, neutral or negative; the NIHR Dissemination Centre promotes NIHR research including journal articles.