Managing the NIHR's work
The NIHR has developed a whole system for health research to:
- commission and fund research
- provide the facilities and people for a thriving research environment within our clinical research network and infrastructure
- support the individuals carrying out, training and participating in research within our Faculty
- promote faster, easier clinical research through unified, streamlined and simple systems for managing ethical research and its outputs.
These operations are delivered primarily through our managing centres:
- the NIHR Evaluation, Trials and Studies Coordinating Centre (NETSCC) and NIHR Central Commissioning Facility (CCF) commission, fund and disseminate research
- the NIHR Clinical Research Network Coordinating Centre (CRNCC) and CCF manage the provision of facilities and people for a thriving research environment
- the NIHR Trainees Coordinating Centre (TCC) manage the training and career development of our Faculty and CCF the annual Senior Investigators Competition
- the NIHR Office for Clinical Research Infrastructure helps potential partners, including industry and charities, to navigate the NIHR's centres, facilities and expertise to work in collaboration
- our information management and research management systems are managed by the CRN and through a cooperative venture across our operations and the Department of Health and Social Care.