Managing the NIHR's work
The NIHR has developed a whole system for health research to:
- commission and fund research.
- provide the facilities and people for a thriving research environment within our clinical research network and infrastructure.
- support the individuals carrying out, training and participating in research within our Faculty.
- promote faster, easier clinical research through unified, streamlined and simple systems for managing ethical research and its outputs.
These operations are delivered primarily through our managing centres:
- the NIHR Evaluation, Trials and Studies Coordinating Centre (NETSCC) and NIHR Central Commissioning Facility (CCF) commission, fund and disseminate research.
- the NIHR Clinical Research Network Coordinating Centre (CRNCC) and CCF manage the provision of facilities and people for a thriving research environment.
- the NIHR Academy Executive manages the NIHR Academy on behalf of the DHSC and is responsible for development and coordination of NIHR academic training and research capacity development.
- the NIHR Office for Clinical Research Infrastructure helps potential partners, including industry and charities, to navigate the NIHR's centres, facilities and expertise to work in collaboration
- our information management and research management systems are managed by the CRN and through a cooperative venture across our operations and the Department of Health and Social Care.