NIHR Academy Executive
The NIHR Academy Executive manages the NIHR Academy on behalf of the DHSC and is responsible for development and coordination of NIHR academic training and research capacity development.
The NIHR Academy Executive is hosted by Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust (LTHT) and is based in Leeds.
The NIHR Academy is responsible for development and coordination of NIHR academic training, career development and research capacity development.
The NIHR Academy plays a pivotal role in attracting, training and supporting the best health and care researchers to tackle the complex challenges of the future and complements the additional NIHR investment in world-class research facilities and a skilled research workforce.
The purpose of the NIHR Academy is to develop a highly-skilled academic research workforce capable of advancing the best research which improves health, and benefits society and the economy.
To achieve this we encourage, recognise and reward:
- collaborative, multi-professional approaches to research
- the embracing of innovation and new opportunities and technologies
- active involvement and engagement of patients, carers and the public
- respect for the diversity of methodological and theoretical practices
- personal and professional development and the support of colleagues
NIHR Academy is based in Leeds at the following address:
21 Queen Street
Tel: 0113 532 8444