Royal College of General Practitioners and Clinical Research Network awards
For assistance with your application form or any questions please email GPresearchawards@nihr.ac.uk
Please return your completed application forms by email to: GPresearchawards@nihr.ac.uk
Since its inception in 2006, the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) has significantly increased the scale of clinical research in the NHS, particularly through the NIHR Clinical Research Network. The enthusiastic engagement of NHS clinicians is an essential condition for sustaining and building on this success; particularly given the many competing demands on clinician time and resources. This award scheme aims to recognise outstanding contributions of NHS clinicians to the conduct of NIHR Clinical Research Network Portfolio research studies.
This award scheme is for members of the Royal College of General Practitioners. The scheme will recognise research active NHS general practices that are demonstrating excellence and innovation in delivering NIHR research. In addition, there is an award for First5® GPs who demonstrate an emerging interest and experience in delivering NIHR research within a primary care setting.
- Practice applications must be submitted in the name of a current Fellow or Member of the RCGP
- Practices must be contributing to NIHR CRN studies
- First5® GPs must be a First5® member and have contributed to NIHR research in general practice/primary care setting.
Applicants are required to outline their contribution to NIHR CRN Portfolio studies with particular weight being attached to:
- the range and number of patients in NIHR CRN studies
- how patients have been engaged and informed of new opportunities to participate in clinical research
- the contribution made to the delivery of studies
- innovative methods of study delivery.
- RCGP/CRN practice award - £1000
- RCGP/CRN First5® award - £500.
RCGP Annual Conference pass and travel will be funded.
Application process and judging of applications
- Applications should be made using the application form and no additional information supplied will be considered by the panel
- Applicants should note the word limit on each section of the form
- Receipt of applications will be acknowledged by email
- Application forms must be received no later than 23.59 on Sunday 1September 2019
- Applications will be assessed jointly by a RCGP/CRN panel including patient representatives
- Successful applicants will be notified by Monday 16 September 2019.
Please note we expect a high number of applications and will be unable to provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
The awards will be presented during the RCGP Annual Conference on 24-26 October 2019 in Liverpool. Award winners must be available to attend this event.