The remit of the NIHR Global Health Research Training Programme Selection Committee is to support the development of the Global Health Research Short Placement Award for Research Collaboration (GHR SPARC) and Global Health Research Cohort Academic Development Award (GHR CADA) schemes, assess applications and make funding recommendations based on quality. The Applicant Guidance Notes for the GHR SPARC and GHR CADA schemes give full details of the selection process.
The make-up of the Selection Committee is reviewed regularly and adjusted in response to need. If you would like to join this committee, please complete the NIHR Academy expression of interest form.
The review panel for the GHR SPARC & GHR CADA scheme competitions is composed of:
- Professor Dilly Anumba (Chair) - Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Sheffield, UK
- Professor Stephen Campbell (Deputy Chair) - Professor of Primary Care Research, University of Manchester, UK
- Professor Kirsty Le Doare - Professor of Vaccinology and Immunology, St George’s University of London, UK
- Dr Guha Pradeepa – Senior Scientist and Head of Research Operations, Madras Diabetes Foundation, India
- Professor Camila Figueiredo – Associate Professor, Federal University of Bahia, Brazil
- Dr Rodrigo Moreno-Serra – Reader in Global Health Economics, University of York, UK
- Dr Anthony Etyang - Senior Clinical Scientist, University of Oxford and KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme, Kenya
- Dr Yan Ding – Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK (NIHR GHR Academy Member)
- Dr Belete Legesse – Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia (NIHR GHR Academy Member)