Date opened: 9 December 2015
Date closed: 6 April 2016
In late 2015, the NIHR issued a call for research into the prevention and treatment of obesity in adults and children. Issues of particular importance for this call included the prevention of type 2 diabetes and increasing levels of physical activity.
Preventing obesity and type 2 diabetes is a priority for the UK Government. With over 60% of the adult population either overweight or obese and more than 2.7 million people diagnosed with type-2 diabetes, the health burden and economic impact of obesity in the UK are increasing.
- Efficacy and Mechanism Evaluation (EME)
- Health Services and Delivery Research (HS&DR)
- Health Technology Assessment (HTA)
- Invention for Innovation (i4i)
- Programme Grants for Applied Research (PGfAR)
- Public Health Research (PHR)
- Research for Patient Benefit (RfPB)
- Clinician Scientist Scheme and Fellowships
- Research Professorships
For more information on research funded in this area, please visit NIHR open data - obesity