Themed Call: Primary Care Interventions (2013)
Date opened: February 2013
Date closed: May 2013
This call invited research to support the provision of primary care services in the NHS;
- Through supporting capacity building across a wide range of primary care disciplines and,
- Increasing the volume of high-quality research on the effectiveness, delivery and organisation of primary care interventions and services.
In particular the call invited applications in:
- Applications that address the management of long-term conditions, the management of multiple morbidity or interventions that prevent acute admission to hospital.
- Applications that address the effectiveness of existing or new interventions.
- Applications that address the benefits of new approaches to the delivery of services.
- Applications that address multiple health related behaviours.
The following NIHR-managed research programmes participated:
Efficacy and Mechanism Evaluation (EME)
Health Services and Delivery Research (HS&DR)
Health Technology Assessment (HTA)
Invention for Innovation (i4i)
Programme Grants for Applied Research (PGfAR)
Public Health Research (PHR)
Research for Patient Benefit (RfPB)
For more information on research funded in this area, please visit NIHR Open Data - primary care.