Greater Manchester - GCP Refresher - Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
Date: 07 March 2019
Time: 13:00 to 16:30
Location: Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
A practical guide to ethical and scientific quality standards in clinical research.
This half-day course is for experienced research delivery staff who:
- Have previously completed either taught or online GCP training
- Have recent practical experience of working in a clinical research environment
- Have a good understanding of the principles and quality standards of GCP and related frameworks.
The course is not suitable for:
- New researchers who do not have experience of working in a clinical research environment
- Research staff who are not familiar with GCP, either because training was a number of years ago or because initial training was of poor quality.
The purpose of this refresher course is to reinforce and consolidate previous learning, provide an opportunity for you to reflect on your practice and raise your awareness of recent and relevant developments in GCP and related areas of research governance. The course will also reinforce the importance of keeping up-to-date with developments and making sure that you and your team continue to evaluate their research practice and make improvements if required. You will be signposted to resources and quality tools that will support you.
Expected learning outcomes
Following the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the interwoven framework of laws and guidance which govern the set-up and conduct of clinical research in the NHS
- Demonstrate how their own practice is consistent with the principles and quality standards of GCP
- Identify areas for development and improvement that reflect common audit and inspection findings
- Describe recent changes in GCP and related policy and guidance and identify how this applies to their own practice
- Recognise the role of the NIHR Clinical Research Network in supporting increases in the quality and volume of clinical research
- Know how to access relevant resources and keep up to date
NIHR CRN: GM Training Team – Course Booking System
The training team are tasked by the NIHR CRN to provide regular training courses in subjects such as Good Clinical Practice to support our research delivery workforce.
The system used to administer and book these courses has now changed from the ‘Learning Management System’ to a Moodle-based system – ‘CRN Learn.’
Who can access CRN Learn?
All courses require user-registration via http://learn.nihr.ac.uk
Some courses are publically accessible – these are nationally administered, e-learning packages.
Courses for research staff
If you are involved in planning or delivering research that involves NHS participants, (or will be in the near future), you will need to register for a CRN Learn account.
Please use your NHS/organisational email address or your NIHR HUB account and ensure that you tell us what your research role is within your registration details.
Each CRN Learn course requires the user to obtain an enrolment key.
Once entered, the user can:-
- review course details such as aims/objectives
- review the choice of dates/venues for face-to-face events
- book a place (or request to wait, should the course be full)
Users request an enrolment key (by clicking on the link provided). This then generates an email to be sent. It will be addressed to:-
- the NIHR Co-ordinating Centre – for e-learning courses
- the CRN: GM Training inbox – for face-to-face courses
Please note that your request for an enrolment key is dealt with by CRN staff who will check your request against your registration details before a response can be generated. This will be done as soon as possible but may take up to 72 hours.
Please do not send duplicate requests.
Course Information and Schedules
It is also possible to view our schedule and dates in Greater Manchester through the Clinical Research Network: Greater Manchester website at: http:/www.crn.nihr.ac.uk/greater-manchester/events
Please note that some of our courses are designed for specific cohorts of our workforce only. If there is eligibility criteria to be met, this will either be outlined in the course details or we will write to you for clarification.
Please note: Failure to complete any course may incur a charge of £75 to cover NIHR CRN costs.
- Location:Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
- Related LCRN:Greater Manchester
- Summary:GCP Refresher