Greater Manchester - Introduction to Seeking Informed Consent
Date: 28 February 2019
Time: 09:00 to 12:30
Location: Royal Blackburn Teaching Hospital
The CRN GM Workforce, Learning & Development Team are now offering a pathway of development opportunities focusing solely on the topic of Informed Consent in Clinical Research.
The opportunities are incremental in the need to understand the consent process - from being part of a team who seek consent to being a consent designee.
Each stage looks at consent from a behavioural/practical perspective, rather than an ethical one.
Workshops are interactive, involving the application of theory into practice - using self-reflection & workshop exercises.
Before booking, please review the pathway in relation to your role & experience:-
Foundation – new to seeking consent in clinical research.
Research practitioners can access this workshop after Essentials training - within 3-6 months of induction.
This half-day workshop is an introduction - providing background and theory - supporting progress towards competence in seeking / receiving informed consent in clinical research.
It gives the grounding required to seek further training within the pathway.
Delegates will be encouraged to:-
- Relate workshop content to practice
- Reflect on current knowledge and practice & plan for role development / assessment of competence
- Apply course content to enhance the patient/participant experience
To improve skills and increase confidence in the application of “good research practice” by:-
- Understanding the ethical and legislative frameworks supporting informed consent
- Understanding the principles of consent and responsibilities of the consent designee
- Developing an understanding of the research consent ‘5-Step Conversation’
- Make use of opportunities to apply theory into practice
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com.
- Location:Royal Blackburn Teaching Hospital
- Related LCRN:Greater Manchester
- Summary:Intro to Seeking Informed Consent