Registration is now open for the upcoming NIHR Associate PI Scheme Virtual Launch Event on Wednesday 3rd November, 9am-12.30pm.
What is the Associate PI Scheme?
The NIHR Associate Principal Investigator (PI) Scheme links healthcare professionals who are not involved in research with a study PI at the same site for a period of 6 months. A set of tasks relating to study management at site is completed and the Associate PI is awarded a certificate on completion of the scheme for their training portfolio.
The aims of the scheme are:
- To make research a routine part of clinical training.
- To develop doctors, nurses, and allied health professionals to be the PIs of the future.
- To recognise and promote doctors, nurses, and allied health professionals engagement in NIHR portfolio research in a consistent manner.
For more information about the scheme, please visit the Associate PI Scheme page of our website.
What to expect on the day
- Information about the history of the Associate PI Scheme.
- An overview of the Associate PI Scheme - Where we are now, and where we are heading.
- The opportunity to hear from various perspectives - CTUs, Royal Colleges, Chief Investigators (CIs), Principal Investigators (PIs), and Alumni of the Associate PI Scheme.
- To better understand the potential benefits of the Associate PI Scheme.
- Guidance on how you can participate in the Associate PI Scheme.
- The opportunity to ask questions about the Scheme.
We are running a virtual launch event on 3 November 2021, 9am-12.30pm.
The event is open to everyone who wishes to learn more about the Scheme and how to get involved.