North West London - Introduction to Training and Facilitation Skills
Date: 10 September 2019
Time: 09:15 to 16:00
Location: Hammersmith Hospital
This programme is for people who have no, or very little, previous experience or training in running meetings or delivering training events. It is available to anyone, irrespective of banding or length of service, who would like to offer training or facilitate meetings.
The aim of the event is to introduce the skills of training and facilitation so delegates structure and manage meetings and training sessions to achieve an agreed outcome.
By the end of the training, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the role of the facilitator/trainer and the skills required to plan and run an effective event
- Discuss how adults learn and the implications of this in the planning and delivery of effective events
- Outline the structure of a training event
- Demonstrate questioning and feedback skills which will enhance a learners experience
- Identify actions they can take at work which will further develop their confidence in the areas explored during this session
- What is the role of trainer/facilitator?
- What skills are required?
- How do people learn?
- How can we use this knowledge to ensure effective events?
- The structure of a training session
- Questioning skills
- Feedback skills
- Practice in small groups
- Action planning and programme review
Booking is now open here.
- Location:Hammersmith Hospital
- Related LCRN:North West London
- Summary:Booking now open for this course.