Research Day - Colorectal Research and Trial Engagement
Date: 14 March 2018
Time: 13:30 to 17:30
Five prominent guest speakers will make presentations at a Greater Manchester research event in the new year.
The Colorectal/General surgery research day will be held at The Venue, Birchwood Park, Warrington, WA3 6YN.
It will take place on Wednesday 14 March 2018 between 1.30pm and 5.30pm.
It is free to attend.
The event has the support of the NIHR and the ACPGBI (Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland).
The format will include sections titled Trials under the Spotlight, Research Unplugged and Question Time.
The guest speakers on the day will be:
- Professor Jim Hill, chairman of ACPGBI
- Austin Acheson, chairman of R&A
- Simon Bach, Royal College of Surgeons lead
- Peter Rowbottom, CEO of Bowel Disease Research Foundation
- Prof Jared Torkington, Spire Cardiff Hospital
12:30-13:30 REGISTRATION AND LUNCH/DRINKS
14:00-14:10 INTRODUCTION - Austin Acheson
14:10-14:30 RESEARCH UNPLUGGED - Sarah Duff
CI - Dale Vimalachandran
Funder - Peter Rowbotton, CEO BDRF
CTU - Laura Magill, BCTU
PI - Gemma Faulkner
Nurse - Gabrielle Thorpe/Sarah Kirk
Patient - Azmina Verjee
14:30-15:15 RESEARCH UNDER THE SPOTLIGHT - Jared Torkington
Observational - CIPHER - Amanda Gunning
Simple - RCT PPAC 2 - Katy Newton
Complex - RCT ALLEGRO - Hugh Paterson
15:15-15:45 COFFEE BREAK
15:45-16:30 MINI-GRANULE: INTRODUCING RANDOMISED STUDIES TO PATIENTS (A PRACTICAL GUIDE) - Simon Bach
16:30-17:00 Q&A PANEL SESSION - Doug Speake/ Faheez Mohamed
17:00-17:10 SUMMARY AND CLOSE - Jim Hill
- Location:The Venue, Birchwood Park, Warrington, WA3 6YN
- Related LCRN:Greater Manchester
- Knowledge Area:NIHR in your area
- Summary:Five prominent guest speakers will make presentations at a Greater Manchester research event in the new year.