This year NIHR is joining forces with the National Research Collaborative Meeting (NRCM) to run a series of webinars, as well as the Tomorrow’s Leaders Educational Workshop 2020. The aim of the workshop is to equip the next generations of surgeons with the skills and tools needed to recruit to and lead NIHR Portfolio studies. It is scheduled to run over two consecutive Friday mornings:
- Friday 4 December 2020, 9am - 12.15pm
- Friday 11 December 2020, 9am - 12.15pm
The programme is a mixture of interactive sessions in small ‘rooms’ and plenary lectures and will be delivered via Zoom (a video communications platform).
It is aimed at:
- Trainees in surgical specialties with an interest in oncology
- Early years consultants within five years of CCT
No prior research experience is necessary. The workshop is supported by NRCM and the NCRI.
- Different trial designs - platform, window of opportunity, immuno-oncology trials
- New trainee initiatives
- Building a cancer trials portfolio as a trainee and as a consultant
- Integrating surgical oncology trials into a busy NHS department
- Impact of COVID-19 on NIHR Portfolio research
- Accessing NIHR Clinical Research Network support
- Breakout sessions hosted by the National Cancer Research Institute (NCRI) Research Groups
Please note some offline homework will be required in between both sessions, further details will be provided in the first breakout session.
Any questions? Get in touch via email.