Discover the advantages of researchers and industry partners collaborating and what opportunities are available at the NIHR Academy.
This one hour webinar aims to help researchers become more confident in working at the interface of academia, industry and the health and care system.
You will hear advice from two researchers on their experiences of collaborating with industry and find out what support the NIHR can offer. Attendees will also have the chance to ask questions at the end of the webinar.
A representative from Pfizer will also give an overview why working with NIHR Academy is important from an industry perspective.
Pete Thompson, Director of Programmes and Impact at NIHR Academy, says: “Collaborations between researchers and industry allows projects to draw upon the combined expertise and experience which can result in rapid outputs.
“Academics often raise concerns but from my own personal experience and seeing examples at the NIHR Academy, the benefits outweigh any challenges. It is these partnerships that will push the boundaries of health and care research and see patients and the public quickly benefiting from new interventions.”
In this webinar you will learn:
- which people and organisations can support you develop industry collaborations
- the support and guidance the NIHR can offer
- how to use your NIHR award to establish new collaborations with industry
This webinar will be presented by:
- Dr David Lunn, Senior Programme Manager, NIHR Academy
- Dr Peter Thompson, Director of Programmes and Impact, NIHR Academy
- Professor Waljit Dhillo, NIHR Research Professor
- Maria Paton, HEE/NIHR Clinical Doctoral Research Fellow
- Dr Sam Malins, Development and Skills Enhancement Award holder
- Monica Nijher, Inflammation & Immunology Medical Lead, Pfizer Uk