Intellectual Property (IP): Webinar for Researchers
Date: 27 March 2019
Time: 12:00 to 13:00
This webinar will provide an introduction to intellectual property (IP) and help researchers understand how NIHR approaches IP issues when contracting, monitoring and reviewing requests to commercialise the IP.
'Intellectual property' doesn't just refer to patents and inventions. The NIHR uses a much broader definition of IP and believes that the vast majority of research that it funds will produce some form of IP. Effective IP management at all stages of research is an important part of delivering long term patient benefit from NIHR funding. This means that researchers applying to NIHR need to be aware of what types of IP they may be producing and also present a compelling strategy for capturing and managing that IP.
This one hour webinar will include:
- Why is IP important to NIHR?
- What is 'background' and 'foreground' IP?
- How should you discuss IP in an application to NIHR?
- What are we looking for when contracting?
- How should you manage the IP during the research project?
- If there are commercial opportunities, what do you need to do?
This webinar will be presented by Charlie Morgan and Chris Halls, both NIHR Intellectual Property Senior Managers and members of the NIHR IP Unit based at the NIHR Central Commissioning Facility in Twickenham, London.
Join online on the day here (this link will not be active until just before 12): https://nihrccf.adobeconnect.
You can also use the Adobe Connect app on your desktop or mobile (search your app store for Adobe Connect).
- Summary:This webinar will provide an introduction to IP and help researchers understand how NIHR approaches IP issues when contracting, monitoring and reviewing requests to commercialise the IP.