This virtual, half-day workshop explores the value of compassionate leadership and how to develop a compassionate style of leadership with teams and colleagues.
Compassion in leadership helps us to create stronger connections between people, improving collaboration, raising levels of trust, and enhances loyalty.
Nurturing a culture of compassion will help us to deliver the NIHR’s mission to improve the health and wealth of the nation through research, creating a sense of belonging and inclusion in achieving our collective mission. You may be aware of the focus on compassion in health and care leadership from the important work of the King’s Fund and the NHS Leadership Framework and People Plan.
This programme is for leaders who want to learn how to develop their skills as a compassionate leader.
This interactive half-day workshop will:
- introduce the principles of compassionate leadership
- identify the benefits of leading with compassion
- enable you to create an action plan to develop a more compassionate leadership style.
Please note: some pre-programme preparation (2 hours max) and post- programme work (2 hours max) will be required.
Who can attend
To be eligible to participate in this workshop you will be leading a team and/or cross NIHR projects and be one of the following:
- An NIHR Academy Member who is either:
- supporting the academic development of others, or
- a postdoctoral NIHR award holder with leadership responsibilities
- An NIHR Research Leader or Senior Manager: includes NIHR staff with a substantive leadership role.
How to register your interest in attending
Expressions of interest to join the workshop, which can accommodate up to 16 participants, are open until noon on 13 April 2021. Successful applicants will receive confirmation of their place on 14 April. Should demand exceed the number of places available we will allocate places to ensure a breadth of representation from across the NIHR leader community and prioritise those who have not participated in the programme previously.
If you have any questions about the workshop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org