This virtual, half-day workshop will support leaders to welcome, encourage and build a culture of inclusivity in their teams.
Inclusion is an essential leadership capability to ensure that the voices of all are heard in the process of delivering and improving research. Building a culture of inclusivity creates a sense of belonging in the delivery of a collective mission.
This interactive half-day workshop will:
- introduce the principles of inclusive leadership
- identify the benefits of leading inclusively
- explore inclusive leadership practice and how you can champion inclusion with your teams and with colleagues
- enable you to create an action plan to develop a more inclusive leadership style
Please note: some pre-programme preparation (2 hours max) and post- programme work (2 hours max) will be required.
Who can attend
To be eligible to participate in this workshop you will be leading a team and/or cross NIHR projects and be one of the following:
- An NIHR Academy Member who is either:
- supporting the academic development of others, or
- a postdoctoral NIHR award holder with leadership responsibilities
- An NIHR Research Leader or Senior Manager: includes NIHR staff with a substantive leadership role
How to register your interest in attending
Expressions of interest to join the workshop, which can accommodate up to 16 participants, are open until noon on 16 April 2021. Successful applicants will receive confirmation of their place on 19 April. Should demand exceed the number of places available we will allocate places to ensure a breadth of representation from across the NIHR leader community and prioritise those who have not participated in the programme previously.
If you have any questions about the workshop, please email email@example.com