Whilst we live and work in a virtual world, it can lack excitement. Most of us spend our days working alone at home, struggling to blank out distractions and fatigued by hours on screen.
These challenges may leave you wondering how to capture and retain people's attention and interest during online meetings and events. Join our three-hour workshop and 1:1 coaching session to learn essential digital engagement techniques, tried and tested by expert virtual facilitators.
The workshop looks at how you can elevate your digital presence in online meetings, creating a platform for sharing, debating issues and inspiring action which is crucial to modern ways of working. You will explore ways to make online collaborations more interesting, engaging, inclusive and productive.
During the session you will:
- Consider how to leverage technology and your own strengths to boost your virtual presence
- Appreciate the importance of varying the energy, pace and voices in the virtual room
- Learn how to bring to life the virtual experience, to keep an audience engaged
- Reflect on how to create an inclusive experience for all audience members
- Have the opportunity to practise and experiment with different virtual techniques
The initial three-hour workshop is followed by an hour-long 1:1 coaching session, scheduled for Thursday 2 December or Tuesday 7 December, with a choice of times available.
The course is aimed at Academy Members and other NIHR researchers and managers in leadership roles.
To indicate your interest in attending this virtual workshop please submit an expression of interest form by 12 noon on Tuesday 2 November. If selected, you will receive confirmation of your place by close of business on Monday 8 November.
Please note that places are limited to 15 participants per event. As we expect a high level of demand, places will be allocated to ensure a fair representation across the NIHR Leaders community and prioritising those who have not participated in the programme previously.