NIHR Clinical Trials Fellowships
Round 6 of the NIHR Clinical Trials Fellowships has now closed for applications.
NIHR Clinical Trials Fellowships are designed to support existing NIHR Trainees with an interest in, and experience of, working with clinical trials as part of their current training award who would benefit from further training within the setting of a Clinical Trials Unit (CTU) that is in receipt of NIHR CTU Support Funding. The training programme should expose the trainee to all aspects/stages of trials and should not limit individuals to one study.
Applications are submitted jointly by the CTU and the trainee. All applicants must contact the CTU where they are interested in working prior to an application being submitted, stating their name and contact details, their current NIHR award and projected end date, summary of their trials exposure to date and reasons for applying.
All applicants must have contacted the relevant CTU by Wednesday 12 July 2017 and applications must have been submitted by 13:00 on Thursday 24 August 2017. The guidance notes for this scheme and the full list of CTUs that participated in this round are available from the links below. Please note all applications for this round were made using TCCi. The guidance notes must be read in full in order to complete this process.
Only NIHR Trainees currently in the following awards are eligible (please check the guidance notes for full list of eligibility criteria):
- NIHR Doctoral Research Fellowship (DRF);
- NIHR Postdoctoral Fellowship (PDF);
- NIHR Career Development Fellowship (CDF);
- NIHR Clinical Lectureship (CL) (part of NIHR’s Integrated Academic Training Programme, including NIHR recognised locally-funded CLs);
- NIHR Clinician Scientist Award;
- HEE/NIHR Integrated Clinical Academic Programme Clinical Doctoral Research Fellowship (ICA CDRF);
- HEE/NIHR Integrated Clinical Academic Programme Clinical Lectureship (ICA CL);
- NIHR Clinical Academic Training Clinical Doctoral Research Fellowship (CAT CDRF);
- NIHR Clinical Academic Training Clinical Lectureship (CAT CL);
- NIHR Healthcare Scientist Doctoral Research Fellowship (HCS DRF);
- NIHR Healthcare Scientist Postdoctoral Research Fellowship (HCS PDF)
If you require any further information regarding this scheme, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org