HEE/NIHR Masters in Clinical Research Studentships

Current Funding

10 Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) are funded currently to provide Masters in Clinical Research places to non-medical healthcare professionals who work in the NHS.   

Funding covers the successful applicants' salary and course / tuition fees.

The HEE/NIHR Masters in Clinical Research Studentships are available to all the ICA Programme eligible professions.

Prospective graduate non-medical healthcare professionals who have worked for a minimum of 1 year should contact the currently funded universities for further information. 

Undertaking a  Clinical Research Studentship

Occupational Therapist Victoria Leonard is working with adults who have had lower limb amputations. She explains how the Health Education England/National Institute for Health Research Clinical Research Studentship has allowed her to carry out research and help with the transition into practice.