NIHR Research Methods Programme
The NIHR Research Methods Programme is designed to support the development of individuals with expertise in research methods including medical statistics, health economics, clinical trial design, operational research, and modelling. There is currently a relevant shortage of individuals with the necessary training and expertise in these key areas to support the volume of applied health research that is needed.
- To ensure that the research funded by the NIHR is based on the highest quality applied research methods;
- To increase the numbers (capacity) and the skills (capability) of individuals with high-level expertise in applied health research methods.
- To attract the most talented individuals to the NIHR, especially those not currently working in a health related field; and
- Provide training and support for individuals to become specialist methodologists in areas relevant to the NIHR; or
- Expand their research interests into areas relevant to the NIHR.
The programme is made up of 4 schemes
For further information on any of the schemes within the Research Methods Programme please contact email@example.com.