22/47 Health and Social Care Delivery Research Programme researcher-led
- For help with your application contact email@example.com
- For more information about the funding Programme, visit the HSDR Page
- Got a research idea and not sure how to turn it into a funding application? The Research Design Service (RDS) supports health and social care researchers across England on all aspects of developing and writing a funding application. Find out how the RDS can help with your application.
- Remit, competitiveness and making a successful application
- Word version of the stage 1 application form
- Checklist for applicants to describe intervention and context features in HSDR research proposals
- Standards for Reporting Implementation Studies: the StaRI Checklist of items to be reported
- Standards for reporting organisational case studies
Please note that the Word version of the stage 1 application form is to be used as a guide and to assist with completion of the online application form only, for example to see how many characters are accepted in each section and how the printed complete form is laid out. Please do not try to use this as an application form, you must apply using the online form available through the links available when calls are open. You should also refer to the application form guidance notes.
Anyone can submit an idea for a research topic. If you would like to suggest a topic relating to healthcare where you feel more research is needed, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Health and Social Care Delivery Research (HSDR) Programme is accepting stage one applications to this funding opportunity.
The programme aims to commission high quality, well designed research which will be carried out by effective and efficient research teams, providing findings which meet the needs of NHS and Social Care managers and leaders.
In order to apply for this call you will need to carefully review the following documents:
All primary research projects are expected to establish a programme appointed Study Steering Committee and it is important that you read the TSC/SSC Guidance before completing your application. Costs incurred by this committee should be included in the budget as appropriate.
Please note that the HSDR Programme no longer offers a straight-to-stage-two call for evidence syntheses (ES) and therefore applicants are welcome to submit ES proposals via the researcher-led call. There are usually six call rounds advertised throughout the year, and there are often two calls open at any one time with different close dates.
Any changes to these dates will be emailed to all Lead Applicants with an application in progress.
- Stage one deadline: 1pm on 19 July 2022
- Notification of out of remit/non-competitive decision if unsuccessful: late August 2022
- Notification of stage one shortlisting decision: October 2022
- Stage two writing window: October - December 2022
- Notification of stage two funding decision: February 2023
- Start date for funded studies: July/August 2023
Throughout most of the year there will be two researcher-led opportunities open, please see the funding pages for alternative close dates.