22/50 HSDR Social Care Rapid Evaluation Research Team
- For help with your application contact email@example.com
- For more information about the funding Programme, visit the HSDR Page
- Got a research idea and not sure how to turn it into a funding application? The Research Design Service (RDS) supports health and social care researchers across England on all aspects of developing and writing a funding application. Find out how the RDS can help with your application.
- Remit, competitiveness and making a successful application
- Word version of the stage 1 application form
- Checklist for applicants to describe intervention and context features in HSDR research proposals
- Standards for Reporting Implementation Studies: the StaRI Checklist of items to be reported
- Standards for reporting organisational case studies
Please note that the Word version of the stage 1 application form is to be used as a guide and to assist with completion of the online application form only, for example to see how many characters are accepted in each section and how the printed complete form is laid out. Please do not try to use this as an application form, you must apply using the online form available through the links available when calls are open. You should also refer to the application form guidance notes.
Anyone can submit an idea for a research topic. If you would like to suggest a topic relating to healthcare where you feel more research is needed, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Health and Social Care Delivery Research (HSDR) Programme wishes to commission a social care rapid evaluation team. The team will work in partnership with colleagues working in social care services to produce proportionate, alongside real time, evaluations of innovations and developments in social care services, which will generate evidence of national relevance to improve care and outcomes for service users, their support networks, and professionals delivering those services. This call covers adult and children’s services.
The value of the contract will be a maximum of £3m over a maximum period of five years outputting at least two evaluations a year, depending on the scope of each evaluation, to be negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
The call is for Expressions of Interest (EoI) in the first instance. Applicants should closely follow the Guidance Notes accompanying this call when completing their stage one EoI application form, together with the other call specific documents listed and available below:
Please note that all primary research projects are expected to establish a programme appointed Study Steering Committee and it is important that you read the TSC/SSC Guidance before completing your application. Costs incurred by this committee should be included in the budget as appropriate.
Any changes to these dates will be emailed to all Lead Applicants with an application in progress. Exact dates will be provided as soon as available.
- EoI (Stage one) deadline: 1pm on 09 August 2022
- Notification of out of remit/non-competitive decision if unsuccessful: End of August 2022
- Notification of stage one shortlisting decision: End of August 2022
- Stage two writing window:end of August to late October 2022
- Interviews (TBC)/Stage two committee: late November to mid- December 2022
- Notification of stage two funding decision: Late December/early January
- Start date for funded studies: 01 January/February 2023