The Health and Social Care Delivery Research (HSDR) Programme invites applications for palliative and end of life care research which supports health and care services to help people at the end of their lives to live as well as possible and to die with dignity, compassion and comfort.
The HSDR Programme welcomes research proposals in any disease, service or setting, including (but not limited to) hospitals, specialist centres and services, community services, home and care homes.
In addition to the specific areas noted in the commissioning brief, research proposals should address inequalities in access and experience of care and services, including intersectional differences and disadvantage. To build capacity and address geographical and other disparities in research funding and activity, we welcome partnerships between research active institutions and others less active to date, and located in geographical areas of deprivation and/or high care need.
Other NIHR funding programmes are involved in this call (HTA; EME; PHR) and, given its scope, we welcome applications that span the remit of one or more of the participating research programmes, and which comprise of co-ordinated teams of investigators spanning different specialties/disciplines.
In order to apply you will need to carefully review the:
This is a two-stage call. Any changes to these dates will be emailed to all Lead Applicants with an application in progress.
- Stage one deadline: 1pm on 26 April 2023
- Notification of out of remit/non-competitive decision if unsuccessful: early July 2023
- Notification of stage one shortlisting decision: early August 2023
- Stage two writing window: early August 2023 - early October 2023
- Notification of stage two funding decision: late December/early January 2024
- Start date for funded studies: 1 May/June 2024