The Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Programme is accepting Stage 1 applications to this funding opportunity.
The HTA Programme aims to commission high-quality, well-designed research which will be carried out by effective and efficient research teams, providing findings which meet the needs of NHS and Social Care managers and leaders.
In order to apply for this call you will need to carefully review the following documents:
All primary research projects are expected to establish a programme appointed Study Steering Committee and it is important that you read the Research Governance Guidance before completing your application. Costs incurred by this committee should be included in the budget as appropriate.
Studies within a trial or review
This funding opportunity is eligible for a SWAT/SWAR (study within a trial or study within a review), which can help significantly improve methodology of future research as well as the host study. Find out about the benefits of SWATs/SWARs and how to include one in your application.
Any changes to these dates will be emailed to all Lead Applicants with an application in progress.
- Stage 1 deadline: 1pm, 3 January 2024
- notification of out of remit/non-competitive decision if unsuccessful: early February 2024
- notification of Stage 1 shortlisting decision: March 2024
- Stage 2 writing window: March 2024 to June 2024
- notification of Stage 2 funding decision: late August/early September 2024
- start date for funded studies: April/May 2025