The Health and Social Care Delivery Research (HSDR) Programme is accepting Stage 1 applications to this funding opportunity.
The Programme aims to commission high quality, well designed research which will be carried out by effective and efficient research teams, providing findings which meet the needs of NHS and Social Care managers and leaders.
In order to apply for this call you will need to carefully review the following documents:
All primary research projects are expected to establish a programme appointed Study Steering Committee and it is important that you read the Research Governance Guidelines before completing your application. Costs incurred by this committee should be included in the budget as appropriate.
Please note that the HSDR Programme no longer offers a straight-to-stage-two call for evidence syntheses (ES) and therefore applicants are welcome to submit ES proposals via the researcher-led call. There are usually 6 call rounds a year, and there are often 2 calls open at any time, with different closing dates.
HSDR continuing priorities call
The HSDR Programme is accepting Stage 1 applications to their continuing priorities call via the researcher-led workstream. However, lead applicants from Scotland will not be eligible to apply as the areas of ongoing need included in this continuing priorities call originated from the commissioned workstream.
In future, where HSDR recognises there are areas of continued unmet need following a commissioned call, it will remain open and highlighted on this page, in order to stimulate further research activity.
The following 2 commissioned calls have been identified as areas of ongoing need in our portfolio and the HSDR programme is interested in funding high quality research in these areas:
- 20/70 Self-Neglect in the Community - to avoid any duplication, please also note that the following study was funded against this call: NIHR133885 - Improving collaborative inter-agency systems and practice in self-neglect: identifying barriers and co-producing solutions
- 20/124 Adult Community Health and Social Care services to avoid planned and unplanned hospital admissions - to avoid any duplication, please also note that the following study was funded against this call NIHR134436: Understanding the role of adult community health services in avoiding hospital admissions
When applying for one of these funding opportunities, please refer to the relevant commissioned call name and number in your Stage 1 application form (section 2 of the Research plan). However, please bear in mind that apart from noting what research was funded against the original call, neither the commissioning call, nor the underpinning literature searches, have been updated since they were originally written.
Any changes to these dates will be emailed to all Lead Applicants with an application in progress.
- Stage 1 deadline: 1pm on 26 July 2023
- notification of out of remit/non-competitive decision if unsuccessful: late August 2023
- notification of Stage 1 shortlisting decision: early October 2023
- Stage two writing window: early October to early December 2023
- notification of Stage 2 funding decision: mid February 2023
- start date for funded studies: 1 June/1 July 2024