The Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Programme is accepting Stage 1 applications to this funding opportunity. The programme is interested in receiving applications to meet recommendations in research identified in NICE guidance that has been published or updated since 2015.
Proposals must be within the remit of the HTA Programme and the primary outcome measure must be health related. This call is also open in the Public Health Research (PHR), Efficacy and Mechanism Evaluation (EME), and Health and Social Care Delivery Research (HSDR) programmes for proposals which fall within the remit of those programmes - applicants should apply directly to the relevant programme.
In order to apply for this call you will need to carefully review the following documents:
All primary research projects are expected to establish a programme appointed Study Steering Committee and it is important that you read the Research Governance Guidance before completing your application. Costs incurred by this committee should be included in the budget as appropriate.
Studies within a trial or review
This funding opportunity is eligible for a SWAT/SWAR (study within a trial or study within a review), which can help significantly improve methodology of future research as well as the host study. Find out about the benefits of SWATs/SWARs and how to include one in your application.
Any changes to these dates will be emailed to all Lead Applicants with an application in progress.
- Stage 1 deadline: 1pm, 30 August 2023
- notification of out of remit/non-competitive decision if unsuccessful: early October 2023
- notification of Stage 1 shortlisting decision: November 2023
- Stage 2 writing window: November 2023 to January 2023
- notification of Stage 2 funding decision: late April/early May 2024
- start date for funded studies: December/January 2025