The Health and Social Care Delivery Research (HSDR) Programme is looking to fund up to 3 multi-disciplinary partnerships to co-produce and conduct research on diverse aspects of the health and social care workforce. These partnerships will conduct high quality, national research projects on key priority areas in the organisation, delivery, and development of workforce. The aim is also to build capacity and capability in workforce research and share data, learning and skills at a national level.
The research partnerships will reach into both health and social care services, although some partnerships may have greater focus on one or other sector, to develop and test innovations to inform workforce planning and deployment. This research will draw on the expressed needs of Integrated Care Systems (ICS) and on knowledge bases outside traditional health and care research, such as:
- human resources
- labour economics
- work and wellbeing
- management science
- organisational psychology
In order to apply for this call you will need to carefully review the following documents:
- call specification document
- Stage 1 guidance notes - please note that these are specific to this call and specifiy the information required at this stage
- HSDR supporting information for applicants
All primary research projects are expected to establish a programme appointed Study Steering Committee and it is important that you read the Research Governance Guidance before completing your application. Costs incurred by this committee should be included in the budget as appropriate.
This is a 2 stage call. Please note these dates are provisional and will be confirmed as soon as possible.
- Stage 1 deadline: 1pm, July 18 2023
- notification of Stage 1 shortlisting decision: late August 2023
- Stage 2 writing period: late August - late October 2023 (8 weeks)
- funding Committee Interviews: mid-December
- notification of Stage 2 funding decision: mid-January 2024
- start date for funded studies: 1 March/April 2024
We are holding a webinar to support applications to this funding opportunity, on Tuesday 6 June, from 1.30pm to 2.30pm. To register for the webinar, please complete the sign up form below.