The NIHR Doctoral Fellowship award is now open for applicants.
This three year full-time award supports individuals to undertake a PhD in an area of NIHR research. This fellowship may also be taken up on a part-time basis of between 50% and 100% whole time equivalent (WTE).
To be eligible for an NIHR Doctoral Fellowship you must:
- Have completed any relevant pre-registration training (for clinical academic applicants)
- Have completed a first degree (for non-clinical applicants)
- Have a proposed host who is an HEI, NHS body, or other provider of health and/or care services.
- Be intending to register for and complete a PhD
- Where already registered for a PhD (or MPhil with transfer to PhD), you should not have been registered for more than 12 months at 100% WTE by the time the award starts.