Future Focused Leadership Programme Cohort 3 - Leaders stream
- For help with your application contact email@example.com
- For more information about the funding Programme, visit the Programme Page
- Future Focused Leadership Programme: Application Guidance for Leaders
- Future Focused Leadership Programme - FAQ
For assistance with your application please contact the NIHR Academy 0113 5328 446 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Future Focused Leadership Programme (FFLP) is a 12-month programme designed to enhance skills in leading across organisational boundaries, leading strategy and change and influencing others to achieve the strategic aims of NIHR.
The programme has been developed specifically for the NIHR and is based around research on what makes a successful leader, offering participants the opportunity to explore new thinking on how to lead in the 21st century. The programme is designed around exploring Leading Yourself, Leading Others and Leading Beyond Authority.
The programme will enable participants to develop their capabilities and effectiveness as a leader by identifying and reflecting on their strengths and areas for development.
The programme incorporates a range of development opportunities including: residential workshops, 360 feedback activity, action learning sets, individual coaching and virtual reality coaching. For cohort 3 there have been some adaptations made in light of COVID-19, including the first two residentials of the programme being converted to virtual experiences delivered across two days of online sessions.
To be eligible for the Leaders stream you must:
- currently lead at a national level for NIHR or have demonstrable leadership influence as part of NIHR. For example, you might be a Chair or Co-Chair of a governance board, or leading an NIHR strategic work stream which involves different parts of NIHR/its partners
- be able to show how your leadership contribution relates to the strategic aims of NIHR
- able to identify leadership challenges from your NIHR role that you can work on as part of the programme
The Leaders stream should be selected on the application form. Full details of the programme are available in the guidance notes.
|Launch Call||12th January|
|Residential 1||24th-25th March|
|Residential 2||16th-17th June 2021|
|Action Learning Set 1||13th, 14th or 15th July 2021|
|Residential 3||15th-16th September 2021|
|Action Learning Set 2||19th, 20th or 21st September 2021|
|Programme Close||8th February 2022|