HEE/NIHR Doctoral Clinical and Practitioner Academic Fellowship (DCAF) Round 2
- For help with your application contact email@example.com
- For more information about the funding Programme, visit the Programme Page
The Doctoral Clinical and Practitioner Academic Fellowship (DCAF) scheme funds registered health and care professionals to undertake a PhD by research and, concurrently, to undertake further professional development and practice. The scheme is part of the HEE/NIHR Integrated Clinical and Practitioner Academic (ICA) Programme.
The DCAF is a three year award (up to six years part time), of which:
- approximately 80% will be spent working and developing academically,
- approximately 20% will be spent in practice and undertaking professional development.
We require that applicants have the support of an English health and/or social care provider and an English university, and hold a contract of employment with one of these organisations for the hours and duration of the fellowship.
DCAFs are available to health and social care professionals (excluding doctors or dentists) who are registered with an ICA eligible regulatory body.
The fellowship funds:
- PhD tuition fees,
- the costs of an appropriate research project,
- the costs of tailored professional and academic training programmes.
The timetable below details the key dates in the selection process.
Competition opens: 15 September 2022
Competition closes: 15 November 2022
Interviews for short-listed applicants: Spring 2023
Start dates of awards: September 2023 to March 2024
Another DCAF competition will launch in March 2023
For more information about the funding Programme, visit the HEE-NIHR Integrated Clinical and Practitioner Academic Programme page.