HEE/NIHR ICA Clinical Doctoral Research Fellowship
- For help with your application contact email@example.com
- For more information about the funding Programme, visit the Programme Page
- ICA CDRF Applicant Guidance Notes
- ICA CDRF Round 6 Chairs' Report (coming soon)
- ICA CDRF Selection Committee (coming soon)
The Clinical Doctoral Research Fellowship (CDRF) funds health and social care professionals to undertake a PhD and professional development in parallel, alongside continued professional practice. The scheme is part of the HEE/NIHR Integrated Clinical Academic (ICA) Programme.
CDRFs are available to health and social care professionals (excluding doctors or dentists) who are registered with an ICA eligible regulatory body.
The fellowship funds:
- PhD tuition fees
- the costs of a research project
- tailored training programmes (academic and professional)
Applicants are required to propose a practice host and an academic host, and a contract of employment with one of these for the hours and duration of the fellowship. Awardees are required to spend approximately 20% of their fellowship hours undertaking professional practice and development.