IAT Clinical Lectureships in Medicine 2020
- For help with your application contact IAT@nihr.ac.uk Unless related to IPF:firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information about the funding Programme, visit the Programme Page
- 2020 NIHR IAT Priority Research Themes
- 2020 NIHR IAT Clinical Lectureships (Medical) List of Posts
- 2020 NIHR IAT Clinical Lectureships in Priority Research Themes (plain English summaries)
- 2020 NIHR IAT Clinical Lectureships (Medical) Guidance for Recruitment and Appointment
For further information about the NIHR CLs, visit the IAT Programme page, contact email@example.com or call 0113 532 8444.
The NIHR has allocated funding for 100 Clinical Lectureships (CLs) for recruitment in 2020/21, part of the Integrated Academic Training (IAT) Programme.
NIHR CLs provide opportunities for postdoctoral research and facilitate applications for further research funding for fully qualified GPs and doctors in specialty training.
NIHR CLs fund:
- Specialist/Specialty Registrar (SpR/StR) doctors in higher specialty training (ST3+ entry) that have completed a relevant higher research degree (PhD or MD)
- GPs that have completed their clinical training and a relevant higher research degree (PhD or MD)
- up to 4 years salary, with a £1,000 per annum bursary for conferences
- 50% protected academic time
Full details, including the eligibility criteria for the NIHR CLs, are available in the 2020 Clinical Lectureship (Medical) Guidance for Recruitment and Appointment.
The 2020 CLs are available from 2 March 2020, with award starting dates between 1 April 2020 and 30 June 2021.
Candidates for the NIHR CLs apply to the host partnerships, not the NIHR, and should contact the relevant IAT Leads in the first instance regarding anticipated timings for advertisement and recruitment.