In-Practice Fellowship Round 15
- For help with your application contact IAT@nihr.ac.uk Unless related to IPF:email@example.com
- For more information about the funding Programme, visit the Programme Page
- In-Practice Fellowship Round 15 Guidance Notes. The previous round guidance notes are also available. Applicants must ensure they are referring to the most recent guidance if submitting an application.
- In-Practice Fellowship Round 14 Selection Committee Outcome
- In-Practice Fellowship Award Holders
Applicants may also find useful:
- In-Practice Fellowship Selection Committee Members
- Information for host organisations – the employing host organisation of successful applicants will be required to agree to the standard NIHR personal awards contract. These sample contracts can be viewed for information.
- NIHR Awards Management System (ARAMIS) – application forms will be available through ARAMIS when the competition launches. Prospective applicants are welcome to register on the system at any time.
The NIHR In-Practice Fellowship (IPF) provides pre-doctoral academic training to fully-qualified general practitioners, general dental practitioners, and community dentists. The fellowship funds:
- up to £4,500 for a personalised programme of academic training
- salary costs for 50% of awardees’ time (based on clinical experience) over 24 months (or longer if part-time)
- up to £1,000 for conference attendance (fees and travel and subsistence)
Awardees’ time should be split equally between a clinical position and the academic training funded through the award. Applicants should have a guaranteed clinical placement for 50% of the working week from the time the award starts.
Academic training can include:
- formal courses, such as a Masters degree or Masters modules
- training in specialist skills
- research methodologies
The IPF can support the preparation of a doctoral-level research training fellowship application. All applicants should demonstrate a commitment to a career as a clinical academic.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.