Invention for Innovation - Challenge Awards Call 13
- For help with your application contact email@example.com
- For more information about the funding Programme, visit the I4I Page
- Stage 1 Applicant Guidance
- Supporting Information for Applicants
- Finance Guidance
- NIHR Template Stage 1 Standard Application Form *
*This document is an example of the online Standard Application Form and can be used as a template to prepare your answers. Please do not use this as an application form. You must apply using the online form in the Research Management System. Please note that these are standard NIHR application forms. Small variations exist for the i4i programme in the live online application form; therefore, it is strongly advised that you read the Stage 1 Applicant Guidance to check for i4i requirements.
The NIHR Invention for Innovation (i4i) programme is inviting proposals to Call 13 of its Challenge Awards on real world implementation.
The Challenge Awards will fund investigations of MedTech innovations in healthcare settings. The aim is to shorten the evidence gap between the safety/efficacy typical of a newly or nearly CE-marked technology and what is required for decisions by commissioners and regulators. At the same time, this will de-risk the product for follow-on investment. Please note that nearly CE-marked technologies refers to technologies that are currently under Notified Body assessment, whereby all of the mandatory testing has been completed.
- Launch for stage 1 applications: 4 November 2021, 13:00
- Deadline for stage 1 applications: 12 January 2022, 13:00