NIHR Global Health Research Groups - Call 4
- For more information about the funding Programme, visit the Global Health Page
Please note: This document is to be used as a guide and to assist with completion of the on-line application form only, for example to see how many characters are accepted in each section and how the printed complete form is laid out. Please do not try to use this as an application form, you must apply using the online form available through the links available when calls are open. You should also refer to the application form guidance notes.
We are pleased to launch NIHR Global Health Research Groups Call 4 that will meet the aims and ambitions set out in the following documents. Please note that this will be a two-stage application.
In order to apply you will need to carefully review the:
NIHR will not accept the same or substantially similar applications across multiple NIHR Global Health Research calls. NIHR will accept applications from the same or similar teams across more than one NIHR Global Health Research call where the aims and research proposals are substantially different.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Global Health Research Groups programme funds research to
- Build global research capacity by supporting specialist UK researchers to pivot to global health through new equitable and diverse UK-LMIC partnerships and networks.
- Support UK-LMIC partnerships seeking to expand research programmes into new health areas and/or geographies.
- Deliver high quality applied global health research targeted at the needs of people in LMICs, including e.g., scoping studies, needs analyses, economic analyses, pilot studies and potentially trials.
- Generate robust new scientific evidence that will improve health outcomes for people in low resource settings through improving practice and informing policy.
- Develop research leaders of the future and strengthen research management capability to support sustainability in partner countries.
Global Health Research Group funding is available to research groups either new to delivering applied health research globally or that wish to expand an existing partnership.