We are pleased to launch NIHR Global Health Research Groups Call 5 that will meet the aims and ambitions set out in the following documents. Please note that this will be a two-stage application.
In order to apply you will need to carefully review the:
- Call guidance
- Global Health Research Programmes - Core Guidance for Applicants
- Application form guidance notes
- Finance guidance
Applicants may also wish to read our common application queries from 2022's Groups 4 call. We anticipate that applicants for Groups 5 may have similar queries so may find this page helpful, however, we will publish a new page for Groups 5 specific common application queries after our webinar on 28 September 2023.
NIHR will not accept the same or substantially similar applications across multiple NIHR Global Health Research calls. NIHR will accept applications from the same or similar teams across more than one NIHR Global Health Research call where the aims and research proposals are substantially different. Guidance is available on submitting applications to more than one Global Health Research programme call.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Global Health Research Groups programme funds research to:
- build global research capacity by supporting specialist UK researchers to pivot to global health through new equitable and diverse UK-LMIC partnerships and networks.
- support UK-LMIC partnerships seeking to expand research programmes into new health areas and/or geographies.
- deliver high quality applied global health research targeted at the needs of people in LMICs, including for example:
- scoping studies
- needs analyses
- economic analyses
- pilot studies and potentially trials
- generate robust new scientific evidence that will improve health outcomes for people in low resource settings through improving practice and informing policy.
- develop research leaders of the future and strengthen research management capability to support sustainability in partner countries.
Global Health Research Groups funding is available to research groups either new to delivering applied health research globally, or that wish to expand an existing partnership.
We held a webinar in September to support applications to this funding opportunity. A recording of this webinar is available.