NIHR Short Placement Award for Research Collaboration Round 8
- For help with your application contact
- For more information about the funding Programme, visit the Programme Page
- SPARC Round 8 Applicant Guidance Notes
- SPARC - Where can I go? This guide details some of the different centres and sites across the NIHR but is not an exhaustive list.
- Case study: Undertaking a career placement with the NIHR SPARC scheme
The SPARC scheme offers NIHR Academy members (from pre-doctoral to early career post-doctoral researchers) supported by a part of NIHR Infrastructure , HPRU or an NIHR School, an opportunity to spend time in other parts of the NIHR; to network, train in a specific skill or collaborate with other researchers/specialists.
Individuals can apply to the SPARC scheme for up to £5,000 to undertake a bespoke short placement designed to optimise and enhance research training, CVs and academic careers.
We welcome applicants to consider planning and undertaking placements of their own choosing but we are specifically encouraging applications that focus on:
- multiple long term conditions
- navigating and working with parts of the NIHR with links to industry and the commercial sector
How to apply
All applications must be submitted via the online NIHR Academy Research Awards Management System (ARAMIS) (please note we no longer accept Word application forms). Before an application can be started, prospective applicants are required to register on the online award management system. Awards will be made following a short, light touch, open competition.
For help with your application contact email@example.com or call 0113 532 8430