The NIHR Team Science Award aims to bring together individuals with an interest in multiple long term conditions (Multimorbidity) (MLTC-M) research from a variety of disciplines and with a wide range of experiences to tackle complex current and emerging health and care challenges.
The award offers up to £100,000 designed to support inter-disciplinary research teams to collaborate on a future application to other research programmes, expand their research network and develop capacity in the MLTC-M field by:
- Supporting pilot research
- Funding training and development for the research team
- Establish new collaborations
Who is eligible?
The NIHR Team Science Award competition welcomes applications from inter-disciplinary teams with professional experience within MLTC-M research, or a demonstrated interest in this area. This includes teams that were formed at the 2023 NIHR Team Science Camp, but teams do not have to have attended or expressed an interest in the camp to apply for this award.
- Be within the NIHR’s remit.
- Focus on an area of MLTC-M research where there is a clear gap or national need for research and to build research capacity.
- Demonstrate experience within MLTC-M research or interest in this area.
- Demonstrate experience within Team Science/interdisciplinary research or interest in this area.
A full list of eligibility criteria can be found in the Team Science R1 guidance notes.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted to the NIHR Academy using the online application system, ARAMIS, by 21 March 2024 1pm (GMT).
The application is a collaborative process and will require a number of participants and signatories to sign into ARAMIS.
Please read these Guidance Notes carefully. If you require any further information, advice or guidance please contact the NIHR via:
Phone: 0113 532 8410