Pre-doctoral Fellowship Round 2
Before applying please carefully review:
- Pre-doctoral Fellowship Guidance Notes – please read before submitting an application
- Pre-doctoral Fellowship Round 1 Chairs’ Report – published following the completion of each round competition, the report summarises common weaknesses that were noted by the Selection Committee and provides advice for prospective applicants
Applicants may also find useful:
- Pre-doctoral Fellowship Selection Committee 2020
- Pre-doctoral Fellowship Potential Supervisors
- Apply for an Award – contains details of current and previous NIHR training award holders
- NIHR Awards Management System - please note, the application form is only available during the application window. Registration on the system, however, can be completed at any time.
- For help with your application contact email@example.com or call 0113 532 8410
- For more information about the funding programme, visit the Fellowship Programme page
- medical statistics
- health economics
- clinical trial design
- operational research
- qualitative research
- mixed methods
- have completed a relevant first degree
- have a proposed host who is an English Higher Education Institution (HEI), NHS body, or other provider of health and/or care services
- be proposing to develop a career as a methodologist in one of the areas listed above
Successful applicants for this Round should start their Fellowship between September 2020 and March 2021.
This Fellowship is not open to clinical applicants looking to undertake training in research methods. Clinical applicants looking to develop a career as a clinical academic should consider schemes from the relevant clinical academic programmes provided by NIHR.