Programme Development Grants - Social care call
- For help with your application contact email@example.com
- For more information about the funding Programme, visit the PDG Page
- Guidance for applicants for developing a PGfAR in social care
- Guidance for applicants for development of social care component to existing programme
- Supporting information for applicants
- Word version of the Standard Application Form*
- Director's note on Programme Development Grant proposals
*This document is an example of the online Standard Application Form and can be used as a template to prepare your answers. Please do not use this as an application form. You must apply using the online form in the Research Management System.
NIHR Programme Development Grants (PDG) is inviting applications aimed at strengthening adult social care research across England.
The PDG social care call seeks research proposals that address the challenges and aim to improve the evidence base for adult social care (including the transition from children’s to adult services).
PDGs are available to carry out preparatory work to develop a future Programme Grants for Applied Research (PGfAR) research application on adult social care. They can also be obtained to further develop an existing or ongoing programme of research to explore social care perspectives arising from the programme.
Applications to the PDG social care call should be made with the support of an NHS body or other provider of NHS services in England. If an application is successful, a contract will be placed with that organisation for delivery of the research. All funds for the research will be paid to the NHS organisation or other provider of NHS services to administer and distribute to the collaborating organisations.
The submission deadline for applications is 1pm on 24 November 2021.
For further details, please visit the PDG Social care call specification page.