Public Health Research Programme – future topics
The Public Health Research (PHR) Programme is considering the following topics for future commissioned research:
- Effectiveness of interventions aimed at preventing domestic abuse
- What are the health and health inequality impacts of being outdoors for children and young people?
- Interventions to prevent and reduce male violence against women and girls
- Improving mental health in occupational groups at risk of poor mental health
- Health in coastal towns
- Increasing uptake of vaccinations in populations where there is low uptake
- Health impacts of housing-led interventions for homeless people
- Digital health inequalities
- Public health impacts of construction
If prioritised, the potential advert date for Stage 1 applications to these funding opportunities is either Autumn 2021 (possibly 19 October 2021) or Spring 2022 (possibly 15 March 2022). However, please note these are indicative dates, which may change.
The commissioning briefs, published when the funding opportunity opens, will provide details of the topic. If you would like notification of when PHR calls go live, please sign up to receive our monthly funding bulletin, and weekly funding alerts.
When these calls go live, topics four and five are likely to be supported by Public Health Research Applications and Design Advice (PHRADA), which is provided by the NIHR Research Design Service (RDS).
Alternatively, if you are interested in contributing to the development of our future topic areas, you can help by becoming a reviewer.