Research for Patient Benefit - Competition 45
- For help with your application contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information about the funding Programme, visit the RfPB Page
- Guidance for Applicants - Stage 1
- Supporting information for applicants
- Guidance on Funding Limits
- Guidance on Applying for Feasibility Studies
- Review of Tier 3 Funding
- Word version of the Stage 1 Standard Application Form*
*This document is to be used as a guide and to assist with completion of the online application form only. Please do not try to use this as an application form. You must apply using the online form in the Research Management System, available when calls are open
Applications are invited for research proposals that are concerned with the day-to-day practice of health service staff, and which have the potential to have an impact on the health or wellbeing of patients and users of the NHS. As a response mode researcher-led programme, Research for Patient Benefit (RfPB) does not specify topics for research, but encourages proposals for projects which address a wide range of health service issues and challenges.
The programme aims to fund high quality quantitative and qualitative research with a clear trajectory to patient benefit. It particularly encourages applications that have a strong element of interaction with patients and the public, and which have been conceived in association with a relevant group of service users.