The Research for Social Care (RfSC) call is inviting research proposals that will generate evidence to improve, expand and strengthen the way social care is delivered for people who draw on social care support and services, carers, and the public.
RfSC research is expected to have a high degree of involvement from relevant users of social care and social care practitioners throughout the research.
RfSC welcomes high-quality proposals from researchers and practitioners that are focused on:
- Social care needs and relevant outcomes related to adult and/or children and young people’s social care (which could be quality of life, improvement of social care and other interrelated factors, as appropriate to the study, population etc.)
- Developing a more robust evidence base for current ways of working
- Developing and evaluating new ways of delivering social care
- Secondary data analysis, record linkage and reviews
- Research methods development
- Care users’ and carers’ circumstances and needs
- Those who deliver social care including unpaid carers and the staff and professionals involved in the delivery of social care e.g. social workers.
Please note that RfSC is also accepting applications for “Reducing Compound Pressures” on social care in this round of competition. For more details please see the Compound Pressure Commissioning Brief and the Compound Pressure Supporting Information (RfSC). Applicants need to complete the standard RfSC Stage 1 application for this and the application will be reviewed following the standard commissioning process. Please note that the deadline for submitting applications on compound pressure is the same as the Call 7 end date, 21 June 2023, 1 pm.
Applicants considering submitting a Stage 1 application may consider submitting an outline of their proposal for guidance before official submission. This can be done using the pre-submission form. This is non-mandatory and purely aimed at helping potential applicants to engage with the requirements of the call (e.g. eligibility and remit). For other questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The submission deadline for applications is 1pm on 21 June 2023.