Clinical Research Practitioners (CRPs) are crucial to delivering clinical research that is transforming treatment in the NHS and the care we receive. CRPs bring a wealth of research knowledge and expertise to research delivery teams, working alongside nurses and others to deliver safe, ethical and high quality clinical research care.
CRP Directory: A Community of Practice
The CRP Directory is a community of Clinical Research Practitioners all playing a part in shaping their professional identity and practice.
CRP is an umbrella title we use for a family of roles that include Clinical Studies Officer, Research Practitioner, Clinical Trials Practitioner and Clinical Trials Officer among others.
The Professional Standards Authority (PSA), the body that sets the standards for accredited registers of people who work in health and social care, has now approved registration for CRPs as part of the Academy for Healthcare Science Accredited Register.
Get connected. Stay updated. Shape your profession
By joining our growing community of CRPs and being listed on the CRP Directory you will stay updated on implementation of accredited registration for CRPs, be connected with fellow CRPs, have access to learning resources and events and lead your own continuing professional development.
The CRP Directory is open those who are:
- working in a research delivery role that involves direct contact with patients and activities in clinical environments or other health and social care research settings
- not registered with a healthcare profession.
Join our growing community
- Apply to join the CRP Directory
- NIHR contact: Carolyn Duff, firstname.lastname@example.org or 0113 343 0707
- AHCS contact: Carly Allen, email@example.com or 07932 709 317