People are Messy
As part of the new I Am Research campaign to celebrate International Clinical Trials Day 2017, we are screening ‘People are Messy’ at events across the country. The film, a Theatre of Debate production, engages its audiences in an informed debate around patient and public involvement in health research.
The events are free to attend and will also feature a Research Fair where you can find out more about how patients and the public can help shape and deliver improvements in health.
You will need to register through the links in the timetable below to attend the event you would like to attend.
For the NIHR, International Clinical Trials Day is an opportunity to showcase the diversity of health and social care research, how you can get involved and the benefits it brings to patients and the public. This is exactly what the 'People are Messy' film screening and Research Fair aims to do.
Please note, the film is hard-hitting and features some adult language.
"This fabulous, entertaining and moving film goes to the heart of why involving patients and the public is so important to science and to society.”
SimonDenegri, NIHR National Director for Patients and the Public
People of Messy events timetable:
- Saturday 6 May, as part of the Hullabaloo at Sandown Library, 119 High Street, Sandown, Isle of Wight PO36 8AF, from 11am - 3pm
- Friday 19 May, at Stoke Damerel Community College, Somerset Place, Plymouth, Devon PL3 4BD, from 11am - 4pm
- Saturday 10 June, at Governor's Hall, St Thomas Hospital, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7EH, from 1pm - 6pm
- Wednesday 14 June, at The Nowgen Centre, Research and Innovation Division, Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, 29 Grafton Street, Manchester M13 9WU, from 10.30am - 1pm
- Thursday 15 June, at Live Theatre, Broad Chare, Quayside, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3DQ, from 5pm - 8pm
- Friday 16 June at the Trust Lecture Theatre and Education Centre, Royal Liverpool & Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust, Liverpool L7 8XP, from 12pm - 4.30pm
- Thursday 22 June, at the 1904 Lounge, KCOM Stadium, Walton Street, Hull HU3 6HU, from 5pm - 8pm
- Tuesday 4 July, Newport, Shropshire
Note: This is a closed invite only event aimed at young people with discussions on youth mental health and taking part in research
- Saturday 2 September, Education Centre, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Egerton Road, Guildford, GU2 7XX
- Wednesday 6 September, at The Phoenix Arts Centre, Phoenix Square, 4 Midland Street, Leicester, LE1 1TG, from 10am - 2pm
Find out about other events taking place near you, as part of the I Am Research campaign, using our activities map.